Sunday, February 18, 2007

John 3:16

Seems everything in life leads me to Him.

Sickness visited our house this week. It happens each year with us as I am sure it does with you. This time it wasn't the usual cold, flue, stuffy nose can't breath kind but the old fashioned stomach stuff. (There is something about that type of flue that makes you wonder if you'll live) When I woke from it about twenty four hours later my husband said I talked nonsense all night. I remember the unrest the constant pain and the obvious 'no peace' in my body. Once I could sit up I went to God's word, thankful to be alive and thankful for eternal life with Him, a life with total peace.

Several things came to mind the morning after. Thoughts of those who suffer in their bodies on a continual basis because of terminal disease or bone disorder or the result of war. They live this life in constant pain. One friend I visited had a type of Parkinson's that slowly paralyzed her body till she died, a blessing. Her last year on earth was in that type of pain. But the strongest thought left to me was about hell. Hell on earth ends. Hell for eternity does not and for some reason, this time, I equated the sickness to hell. Hell, of course, is much worse than the unrest and pain I experienced in the body, the lack of peace in the muscles, the thirst not satisfied. But I thought of hell just the same. This misery only lasted twenty four hours. Can you imagine an eternity of gritting teeth, no peace,unrest, no love, no Abba?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal live. John 3:16. Thank you Lord for salvation.

No comments: