Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The good life

1 Peter 3:8-21; Heb 13:15-1

It has been my experience often that children and now grandchildren bring words of wisdom, faith and encouragement to adults.
Example#1:

I, in fear said:
"Lord, please heal my Little one from this sickness today."
"Nana, I'm already well, Jesus healed me, I'm going to school today."
She did not go to school and she did not look well, eyes still dark with circles. Yet she believed health lived in her and it did according to the Dr who examined her that afternoon.
Words filled with trust and faith that encouraged my life.

Example#2:

In late 2006, my older daughter and I talked over a few scripture, as we often do, and I mentioned Heb 13 and how it spoke to me. She, known for her kindness, said:
"I've always believe that way. When people do good, evil is not in action. So regardless of the situation choose to do good. If everyone did this, evil would not continue."
How did she get to be so mature so young. I thought parents taught the children?
Faith, love,trust and random acts of kindness influence her life.
Her words pointed to 'The good life. It encouraged me.

Hebrews guides us in this way:
Offer a sacrifice praise, the fruit of the lips that confess His name; do good and share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
'The good life'.

1 Peter guides us in this way:
Live in harmony, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble; do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, give out blessings and receive the resulted blessing; keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceitful speech, run from evil, do good, seek peace.

My children and now grandchildren get this message and finally...so do I.
This is 'the good life'.

No comments: