Thursday, February 1, 2007

I did it my way

When we see life through our eyes we see only personal goals, pride, lust, desires and needs unmet. If we saw life through His eyes, we'd see a peculiar people He designed for good works. We'd see the glorious things He's prepared for us; things that now, no eye has seen, no ear has heard. We'd see beyond today. We'd see life as it will become.

What do we have here on earth? Maybe 70 to 80 years, not much in comparison to eternity with Him. Not enough to invest all we have. No, the best investment is in Him and doing things His way.

It's not about us.
It's about God and His plans for us.
It's not about life's desires.
It's about His ideals
It's not about how we feel.
It's about Hm

It's not about our comfort
It's about the character He choose to develop
It's not about who I want to become.
It's about becoming like Him.
It's not about redeeming stuff to store.
It's about His redemption of me.
It's about Him

It's about our future with him
It's about His plans for our welfare not calamity
It's about the living hope.
Its about His goals for all humanity
It's about the new body and new life
Its about His eternal life living in us today and for ever
It's about Him

Lord, when it is all said and done, when I draw my last breath and stand before You, please don't let be said, "I did it my way."

No comments: