Saturday, July 12, 2008

Psalm 34: 1-5

You know how stressful the world is and how we get into fear, worry and anxiety at the drop of a hat? We all experience this and fight it off often. I usually seek to solve it daily with the Word and prayer as I allow myself to just relax and trust in the one who knows the game plan and who has us all in the palm of His hand.

During one of those daily readings I asked to hear something that would help for that particular day. I opened the Word to Psalms 34. You know one of those things you do. Just flip the book open and read. I've always loved this passage but today, in answer to my prayer, I decided to spend time drinking in all its meaning. Thus I bring it to you. Let's spend time on this one and maybe memorize portions. Notice how much peace, love and confidence it produces. God in this passage gives clear promises and instruction.

I will extol the Lord at all times, His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord, let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me, let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He answered me, He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame.

So, take a moment with me now. Let's praise Him, glorify His name and boast in Him even in our afflictions. He is with us. He will deliver us and we will experience His radiance within us.

No comments: